Published: FD.io CSIT-2009 Release Report
Maciek Konstantynowicz (mkonstan)
FD.io CSIT-2009 report is available on FD.io docs site:
Great thanks to all contributors in CSIT and VPP communities!
Below summary and pointers to specific sections in the report.
Welcome all comments, best by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CSIT-2009 Release Summary
- A new category of tests using TRex ASTF stateful APIs and traffic
profiles with up to 16M UDP and TCP/IP sessions. Initial stateful
tests include VPP NAT44 Endpoint Dependent (NAT44ed)
connections-per-second and packets-per-second throughput (with
controlled packet size). (Note: report test runs are still to be
executed in their fullness, expect them to appear in maintenance
report versions next week and week after next. Maintenance reports are
published on a weekly basis if there are changes.)
- Refactored existing NAT44 Deterministic (NAT44det) throughput tests
and added higher session scale, up to 16M UDP sessions. Continue to
use TRex STL stateless APIs and traffic profiles.
- Added NAT44ed uni-directional UDP throughput tests using TRex STL
stateless APIs and traffic profiles, as a way to verify stateful tests
- IPsec async mode VPP performance tests, with HW crypto only for now,
meaning Xeon Haswell testbeds only.
- Full suite of tests now running on Mellanox ConnectX5-2p100GE NICs in
2n-clx (Intel Xeon Cascadelake) testbeds using VPP native rdma driver.
For the first time one case see linear multi-core speedup into 72 Mpps
region (L2 on 2 cores, IPv4 on 4 cores), in some cases NIC is the
limit again (like it was to date in CSIT labs with FVL 2p25GE NICs).
- AMD 2n-zn2 testbed onboarded with EPYC 7532 32-Core Processor. Full
set of CSIT-2009 results to be included in one of the upcoming
maintenance reports, following completion of calibrating dry runs that
are currently ongoing.
- Optimization and calibration of TRex STL and ASTF multi-core
configurations, a small impact on test results as captured in current
vs. previous release performance comparisons.
Pointers to CSIT-2009 Report sections
1. FD.io CSIT test methodology 
2. VPP release notes 
3. VPP 64B/IMIX throughput graphs 
4. VPP throughput speedup multi-core 
5. VPP latency under load 
6. VPP comparisons v20.09 vs. v20.05 
7. VPP performance all pkt sizes & NICs 
8. DPDK 20.08 apps release notes 
9. DPDK 64B throughput graphs 
10. DPDK latency under load 
11. DPDK comparisons 20.08 vs. 20.02 
Functional device tests (VPP_Device) are also included in the report.