Topics

collectd

Dave Barach

I took a note to have a look at collectd during yesterday’s vpp project call.

There appears to be a license issue. See https://collectd.org/wiki/index.php/Plugin_architecture - “The [plugin] license must be compatible to collectd's own license, the GPL 2.”

Give that all fd.io code carries an Apache2 license, that seems like a showstopper.

Comments from the TSC and community are more than welcome.

Thanks… Dave

Joel Halpern

That looks like a show-stopper to me.

I took a note to have a look at collectd during yesterday’s vpp project call.

There appears to be a license issue. See https://collectd.org/wiki/index.php/Plugin_architecture - “The [plugin] license must be compatible to collectd's own license, the GPL 2.”

Give that all fd.io code carries an Apache2 license, that seems like a showstopper.

Comments from the TSC and community are more than welcome.

Thanks… Dave

Damjan Marion

There are collectd plugins available with different licenses but Apache 2.0 seems not be compatible with GPL 2.0.

and

So this looks like we have general problem of adding binary API support to apps which are GPL2 licensed.