There has been some confusion regarding the current
state of Jenkins and issues we're tracking. Below is a
summary with the tickets where you can find and provide
As per our standard support process all communication
regarding these issues will be handled via the tickets.
- The last step taken was to uninstall the
depreciated Violations and FindBugs plugin and
- The Warnings Next Generation plugin is a
replacement for the Violations and FindBugs
plugin. Please open a JSD ticket if you would like
us to install the Warnings Next Generation plugin.
- Next steps:
ci-management merge job intermittent timeouts
- This issue is not resolved. The last steps taken
were to upgrade the JJB version and increase the
HTTP connectors from 100/20 to 300/50.
- Next steps:
- We would like to focus on the Jenkins slowness
issue for now and then continue to troubleshoot
the merge job timeout issue once Jenkins is stable
Jenkins build history
- The current build discarder macro is not working
properly. We need to clean up build history and
migrate to the global-jjb build discarder macro.
- Cleaning up the existing build history will cause
slowness on Jenkins. Our options are to take down
time to clean up the build history and migrate jobs
to the global-jjb build discarder or clean up the
build history when we migrate Jenkins to the new
Vexxhost V3 instance. The V3 instances are
considerably cheaper and faster than the current V2
- We would prefer to clean up the build history
during the migration. We do not believe the build
history is contributing to the Jenkins slowness or
merge job timeout issue.