From: Andrew Grimberg <agrimberg@...>
Date: Tue, May 31, 2016 at 11:47 AM
Subject: [discuss] FD.io maintenance windows: 2016-06-01, 02 @ 18:00 - 21:00 PDT
To: IT Infrastructure Alerts <it-infrastructure-alerts@...>, infra-steering@..., discuss@...

When: Wednesday and Thursday, June 1 and 2 (2016-06-01 and 02) @ 18:00 -
21:00 PDT (01:00 - 04:00 UTC)
What: Environment outage for instance migrations to better infrastructure
Why: The cloud vendor for FD.io is performing migrations of instances
between availability zones onto faster hardware, backend storage, and
networking.

Impact:

June 1: All services will be impacted, including access to the hardware
testing lab as our VPN / gateway instance will be migrated.

Additionally, the following services will be migrated:

Gerrit
Nexus

As well as the database backend system for Gerrit, Jira and Sonar.

June 2: The following services will be migrated

Jenkins
Jira
Sonar

As well as the web front end that services all of the web UI access to
Gerrit, Nexus, Jira, Jenkins and Sonar.

We held off on doing this maintenance as long as we could knowing that
RC2 was supposed to be cut today. However, the vendor has a requirement
that this work be completed before June 4 so we're trying to keep the
disruption to as small a window as possible instead of doing everything
all in one shot. We are aware, that these outages will impact anyone
working late in the day PDT or those in China or early day in India.

Of final note, if the vendor has extra time within the window tomorrow
they will attempt to do some of the smaller instance migrations that are
scheduled for June 2 as well so that they have more time to migrate the
the Jenkins instance.

Please direct questions to helpdesk@...

-Andy-

--