Topics

[honeycomb-dev] Request Creation Review for honeycomb-vpp

Jerome Tollet

s/hc2cpp/hc2vpp

Le 09/11/2016 21:24, « honeycomb-dev-bounces@... au nom de Jerome Tollet (jtollet) » <honeycomb-dev-bounces@... au nom de jtollet@...> a écrit :

I would vote for hc2cpp. Less poetic but easier to understand.
Jerome

Le 09/11/2016 18:11, « tsc-bounces@... au nom de Maros Marsalek -X (mmarsale - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco) » <tsc-bounces@... au nom de mmarsale@...> a écrit :

Hey,

We are still trying to find a better alternative for the name of the new "honeycomb-vpp" project. Problems with "honeycomb-vpp" are:
- length
- separator (dash or underscore as a separator could be avoided to e.g. make group ID more readable)

Just a reminder: The scope of the project will be: honeycomb translation code for VPP and its plugins. It's currently part of the honeycomb project, but deserves a dedicated one.

And the 2 finalists for the name are:
- ambrosia (sticking with the honey theme)
- hc2vpp (making it explicit that it will be ... honeycomb to vpp ... translation)

So (anyone) feel free to provide your feedback or vote for the final name.

Thanks,
Maros