From: Konstantin Ryabitsev
Date: Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 9:49 AM
Subject: [it-infrastructure-alerts] Emergency security maintenance affecting all project systems
To: IT Infrastructure Alerts <it-infrastructure-alerts@...>

Hello:

We will be applying kernel updates required to address the local privilege escalation vulnerability (CVE-2016-5195, aka "Dirty COW"). This update will require a system reboot, so there will be intermittent availability blips affecting all LF projects.

This work will be carried out starting today and will hopefully be complete before the end of the day (U.S. Pacific time). We apologise for any inconvenience, but this work cannot be delayed or rescheduled for a later time due to the critical nature of the vulnerability. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
Konstantin
--
Konstantin Ryabitsev