There has been some confusion regarding the current state of
Jenkins and issues we're tracking. Below is a summary with the
tickets where you can find and provide updates.
As per our standard support process all communication regarding
these issues will be handled via the tickets.
- The last step taken was to uninstall the depreciated
Violations and FindBugs plugin and restart Jenkins
- The Warnings Next Generation plugin is a replacement for
the Violations and FindBugs plugin. Please open a JSD
ticket if you would like us to install the Warnings Next
- Next steps:
ci-management merge job intermittent timeouts
- This issue is not resolved. The last steps taken were to
upgrade the JJB version and increase the HTTP connectors
from 100/20 to 300/50.
- Next steps:
- We would like to focus on the Jenkins slowness issue for
now and then continue to troubleshoot the merge job
timeout issue once Jenkins is stable
Jenkins build history
- The current build discarder macro is not working
properly. We need to clean up build history and migrate to
the global-jjb build discarder macro.
- Cleaning up the existing build history will cause slowness
on Jenkins. Our options are to take down time to clean up
the build history and migrate jobs to the global-jjb build
discarder or clean up the build history when we migrate
Jenkins to the new Vexxhost V3 instance. The V3 instances
are considerably cheaper and faster than the current V2
- We would prefer to clean up the build history during the
migration. We do not believe the build history is
contributing to the Jenkins slowness or merge job timeout