From: Phil Robb <probb@...>
Date: Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 6:26 AM
Subject: [TAC-public] Budgeting Process and Timeline for LFN 2019 Budget Planning
To: <TAC@...>

Hello LFN TAC Members:

This email is to summarize what has occurred thus far as well as upcoming activities that are planned in order to close on the 2019 Budget before the end of the year.

At this point, each TSC has provided a list of funding requests to LF Staff.

I've asked the LF Program Managers for each project to review that list with each TSC during this week's TSC meeting to check it for completeness and accuracy. We have also been asked by the Governing Board (GB) to have those funding requests put into a priority order in the event that not all of the requests from all of the projects can be accommodated in the budget.

I have also asked the Program Managers to schedule a meeting with each TSC Chair within the next week so that we can also share more detail including the estimated costs associated with each request.  As has always been the case with these projects, including before the formation of LFN, we do not publicly share budget information.  However, in the past the TSC Chairs typically also had a seat on each individual project's Board and hence had access to the detailed budget information.

All of the above is occurring in parallel to the Community Oriented Budgeting proposal that the TAC has put forth to the GB.  That proposal is being considered by the Finance Committee and GB as a separate activity so we need to ensure that the existing budget process proceeds as normal and also takes into account the requests that are included in that Community Oriented proposal as well.

The Finance Committee will meet this Friday to refine their recommendation to the GB regarding the normal budgeting process as well as discuss the Community Oriented Budgeting proposal presented by the TAC TSC representatives at the GB meeting last week.  The LF staff will take the feedback from the Finance Committee and modify/adjust the budget per their direction.

The next Friday (November 2nd) the Finance Committee will meet again along with all LFN project TSC Chairpersons to review and discuss the budget including the list of funding requests by each project.  The LF staff will take the feedback from the Finance Committee during this meeting and modify/adjust the budget per their direction.

The following Friday (November 9th) the Finance Committee will meet again to review what should be the final budget proposal  to be submitted to the GB for approval at the next GB meeting to be held on November 14th.

Phil.
--
Phil Robb
VP Operations - Networking & Orchestration, The Linux Foundation

Links:

View/Reply Online (#456) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_