From: vpp-api-dev@... <vpp-api-dev@...> On Behalf Of Luca Muscariello via Lists.Fd.Io
Sent: Tuesday, 2019-July-09 15:56
To: vpp-api-dev@...; hicn-dev@...
Subject: [vpp-api-dev] VPP api python scripts in packages for out-of-tree VPP plugins.

Hi,

I have a use case to share:

A VPP plugin that is developed out of tree and exposes a binary API,

needs a few python scripts to generate language bindings for C, C++ etc.

vpp/plain/src/vpp-api/vapi/

vapi_c_gen.py

vapi_json_parser.py

vapi_cpp_gen.py

These scripts are not available in any deb/rpm archive currently.

As a countermeasure we have to retrieve the scripts from the web repo.

https://github.com/FDio/hicn/blob/master/hicn-plugin/CMakeLists.txt#L210-L212

It makes the cmake file very ugly.

For out-of-tree plugins this is very common as they can be built using vpp-dev/lib only.

Is there any work we can help with to get these scripts into a package, e.g. vpp-dev?

Thanks

Luca

Join vpp-api-dev@lists.fd.io to automatically receive all group messages.