From: vpp-dev@... <vpp-dev@...> On Behalf Of chandan.mohanty@...
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2019 3:55 PM
To: vpp-dev@...
Subject: [EXT] [vpp-dev] Request HELP with the boilerplate code in Node.c of a plugin #vpp

External Email

Hi ,
I am new to VPP.
I request,if any kind hearted soul can help me understand,the boilerplate code in Node.c of a plugin. I want to understand the buffer / frame / next handling of frame/next handling of node/prefetch code ,that is under both whileS() as below.

If you can point me to any URL or any PDF/DOC,that will help me a lot in understanding.

while (n_left_from > 0)
    {
      u32 n_left_to_next;

      vlib_get_next_frame (vm, node, next_index, to_next, n_left_to_next);

      while (n_left_from > 0 && n_left_to_next > 0)
 {

}

If you can point me to any URL or any PDF/DOC,that will help me a lot in understanding.